New Stihl Blower to blow out all competion next spring

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bettergrass, Oct 8, 2004.

1. bettergrass

bettergrass LawnSite Member

I went to the stihl dealer today and made some small talk as i got some supplies. I was talking about the new redmax blowers and asked when he thinks stihl will realize they need something new. He told me actually they tried to get one out this fall but couldnt so next spring it will come out.....heres some details i got....

They are going to discontinue the 420 and the 340....

the new models will be the 500 and the 530

they will use the new 4-mix technology which i didnt know still uses same old 2 cycle fuel....only reason its called 4 mix is cause its a four valve engine allowing more power and rpm's.....dont understand how that makes it more environmentally friendly

It is like is said to quote "absolutely blow out any blower on the market right now including the 8001 redmax"

the engine will also be increased in size

he thinks the price will increase a little bit but your getting a tremendously better blower

All i know is i cant wait for this to come sure all of you other stihl fans feel the same
  2. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

A few people here said they tried it out and it was not that impressed in an earlier post.
  3. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

I'll stick with 2 cycle, thanks..................
  4. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Yea, If You Can Get It Started!
  5. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

If it uses a 4 mix engine then it will definately be good. We have a FS 110 trimmer with the new 4 mix engine and it is the most powerful trimmer i have ever used and from now on I will not be buying anything other than Stihl 4 mix trimmers.

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Blow redmax away not
  7. alpine692003

alpine692003 LawnSite Bronze Member

Ya, I was the 1st one to demo the unit at my dealer..

Not impressed at all, my shindaiwa eb630 still blows it away..
  8. bettergrass

bettergrass LawnSite Member

I just think some people on this thread are

a) ignorant of the specs (as i am too but the dealer wasnt)

b) just are big fans of redmax or just big fans of stihl
  9. Sam-Ohio

Sam-Ohio LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Trust me - you are going to be blown away by the new Stihl backpack blowers using the 4 cycle engine. [the pun was intended]

They have much MORE power, yet produce much less whining sound, and they burn about 30% less fuel per hour than the old 2 cycle technology blowers use.

The insurmountable problem that a piston ported 2 cycle engine has is that the intake port and the exaust port are both opened by the piston at the same time. A considerable amount of incoming air and raw fuel blow right across the piston , and straight out the exaust port and never get burned at all. This is why a valve controled 4 cycle engine produces more power from less fuel [and less polution] than any 2 cycle can accomplish.
  10. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

I picked up 3 more br420s a week ago so I have 6 going into fall I really wanted to wait for the new models but I need to think get work done rather then what I want. The sales guy took me behind the counter to look at his screen his rep had just placed the order they still don't even know the prices so that was left blank. But I saw 3 not 2 new model numbers and one of them was labeled br600 I am dying to see what that bad boy is.