New Stihl BP Blower just Pirchased

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Need a Little Trim, Nov 14, 2005.

1. Need a Little Trim

Need a Little Trim LawnSite Member

I tell you Saturday I am working my arse off get done with a job and all I have had recently was a loaner handheld echo blower. No flaming this was just while I rebuild my equipment from the hurricane. The damn fuel line kept breaking on me recently and it did it saturday for the last time.

Get done with the job and the SOB won't keep primed due to the crack again. So I ran to my dealer and they just got the 06' Stihl 550 blower in and I fell in love and bought it on the spot.....it has made my life so much easier all I can say is pick this bad boy up if you have the opportunity it won't let you down.

2. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Congrats on the purchase.

However, just so you know, it seems to me that nowadays they put so much harsh crap in pump gas that fuel delievery parts have became a regular maintenace replacement item. With my stuff, it has been an annual deal replacing fuel lines, primers, ect.

3. Need a Little Trim

I understand that totally but, I just never liked the design of them. The new stihl everything is encased and you have to work at it real hard to damage it.

4. skurkp

skurkp LawnSite Member

FYI, there is a recall on the small hand held echo blowers. I was in the dealers shop Saturday and a customer came in and had the paper work for the recall with him. I just did not understand the blower he had was 200.00 and just for a little more he could have purchased a bp of the same size or a little larger. Homeowners?

5. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, I think this new Stihl design is a winner personally.
    Unless something changes between now and then, my next backpack will be a BR600.

As you can see, I am a big Stihl fan.
    They have the best saws bar-none...
    The best handheld blower and blower/vac...
    And their trimmers and edgers were also the best choice for me.

Now they have what I feel is the best well rounded backpack for all around use.

6. Need a Little Trim

Hey I tell you I have just begun seriously using Stihl products for lawn care and as always am impressed. I had used their chainsaws and concrete wet saws for years and always loved those so I know I couldn't go wrong.

7. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

Stihl cannot be beaten on their durability. their saws, and ALL power equipment is top notch.

8. kmann

kmann LawnSite Senior Member

Here in Florida I say 80 to 90 per cent of the back packs are Stihl. That says alot, because down here we cut 40+ weeks per year.