New Stihl FS 94 R - WITH PICTURE TAKEN BY ME!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Porcupine Lawn and Snow, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Porcupine Lawn and Snow

Porcupine Lawn and Snow LawnSite Senior Member

My rep told me it will be a solid steel shaft. I forgot to ask about the attachment cabability because the prize draw was starting and there was a Toro snowblower up for grabs :) haha but I'll ask next time I go there.

Trigger- I must admit I don't like the new style without the full piece on it... But let's hope they change that in the final product.
    I LOVE the new dial throttle lock! I would use it constantly aswell! Espically for edging.

I'm 97% sure it can accept attachments. Like I said to RG I hope they change the throttle trigger back to the old one in the final product. The throttle lock dial will be a very useful thing for me. But everyone does things their own way :)

2. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

It's really odd and/or frustrating that Stihl reps in different areas tell their dealers different things. The one dealer told me that they knew for sure it was a cable shaft. I guess they stripped it down to look at the new internals with the mechanics or something. I am hoping for a solid shaft anyway..

3. Porcupine Lawn and Snow

Whenever it comes out we will have to wait and see. Liberty Lawnworks told me on the other thread that his Stihl rep brought a FS 240R to his local dealer where meanwhile my rep told me it was in the final stages of design and to expect a Pre-Production model around Dec-Jan as I said above. Either it's district management doing this or it's diffrent countries messing up the information exchange..... I keep saying that I'm very positive it will have a steel shaft =)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2013
  4. a937539

a937539 LawnSite Member

I could see that if they did away with the one stop throttle lock, then you could have an automatic returning cut off switch. No telling how many times I have tried to start it with the switch set to off.

5. jkilov

jkilov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MS

It appears to be the same 2-mix engine as on their HS 81 hedge trimmers, albeit bored out to 24 cc (34 -> 35 mm piston).

No fuel tank guard / engine stand? I guess it's becoming the norm.

6. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

Looks to me like it's molded into the tank bottom.

7. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

whats the deal? stihl going to start doing 2 cycle trimmers again?

8. Jimslawncareservice

Jimslawncareservice LawnSite Platinum Member
    from mn

what would most of you buy? wait for this trimmer to come out or get a fs90? I need a new trimmer for next year.

9. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

I know a lot of guys hate the 4 mixers, but so far my 90 has been extremely reliable, and starts first pull every time. I love the torque too. My only gripe ever has been the fact that they tend to be all or nothing with the throttle, meaning that they work great at idle, but as you start to pull the trigger a little more there comes a point where the rpm's jump way up. I understand they redesigned the throttle cam for where the cable comes into the housing to the carb and that is supposed to remedy that. I like the simplicity of 2 strokes, but IMO the 4 mixers have their place too.

Also, for spring trimming when the grass grows so fast and lush, no 2 stroke in the same class with do what the 90 does, especially at lower rpm's when you need to pull the trigger and have it just grunt on through.

10. Porcupine Lawn and Snow

It's not. It is an all-new engine being added to the "new" 2-mix stratocharged engine line.
    For the engine guard, +1 on what RG said.

Seems like they've realized that most, not all dislike the 4 mix and that they are slowly losing customers by not listening to the demands/requests of everyone.

I would get the FS 94 R unless you urgently need a trimmer.