New Stihl FS 94R Review with photo's

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jojoleafsfan, Jan 24, 2014.

1. jojoleafsfan

jojoleafsfan LawnSite Member

So i just bought the new Stihl FS 94R Yesterday, today I got to use it. The price of the machine was $429 Canadian plus tax.
    So this morning I fill it up with mid grade gas and Stihl Premium two stoke oil at a 50:1 ratio. The way the gas tank looks small I didn't think it would hold much gas but I was wrong.
    The job at hand was a over grown 3 tiered hillside.
    The machine started right away after pumping the bulb and having the choke on.
    The job took just under a hour to complete, as you can see in the photo their was still a quarter tank of gas left. I was running the machine at 3/4 speed.
    My primary trimmer the last few years as been a Husqvarna 327RJ. I have nothing bad to say about that machine I just wanted to switch to the 94R because of the thing I have heard and read plus all of my other tools are Stihl.
    The 94R has good power, not as much as the 100 or 110 but similar to the 90.
    I do like the stop button no more on or off switch. The throttle set wheel is another good idea. I had the TSW set to 3/4 which means i could not go over that rpm.
    I Can confirm that it take all of the other Stihl attachments, as i trimmed a few bushes just to see if it worked.
    From what I did today i can give it a good recommendation. Feel free to hit me up if you would like some questions answered.

IMG_1805.jpg

IMG_1808.jpg

IMG_1810.jpg

IMG_1801.jpg

IMG_1826.jpg

IMG_1821.jpg

IMG_1844.jpg

IMG_1842.jpg

2. Mow Mony

Mow Mony LawnSite Member
    from VA

thanks for the review. do you feel like its a worthwhile upgrade from the fs90?

3. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

Subscribed!!!
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Diesel Dude

Diesel Dude LawnSite Member

I'd be interested on this as well.

5. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

It's Stihl's new 2 stroke engine. I'm interested inn how heavy it feels compared to the 4 Mix machines he has. My dealer keeps trying to get me to buy the FS90 but it's 3 pounds heavier than the Kawi 27 I'm using now. He tells me it feels lighter than the Kawi. The FS90 I held didn't feel lighter.

6. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Thanks for the review/pics, but I have to ask- you don't have snow right now and you're in BC?!?

7. jojoleafsfan

jojoleafsfan LawnSite Member

Hey Mow Mony and Richard Martin, I'm not sure if its a upgrade from the 90 but it is just as powerful and it is a few pounds lighter. I'm hoping I can get good use out of it and not have the troubles some people have had including myself with the 4 strokes.
    Riding Green I live on Vancouver Island in BC, we do not get a lot of snow. So far this winter we had 2 snow falls and the snow was gone by days end. Today was 58 degrees and I mowed a lawn.

IMG_1839.jpg

IMG_1835.jpg

8. twomancrew

twomancrew LawnSite Senior Member

9. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Man, I'm so jealous. That's a beautiful place (not to mention I like hunting and there's some monster black bears on VI).:)

10. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member