New Stihl Kombi Blower issues

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mtcjb, Jul 14, 2008.

1. mtcjb

mtcjb LawnSite Member

I am just getting started (got a great deal on an 07 JD 757 w 20 hrs and always kind of wanted to get in the business) and bought a brand new KM 110 Stihl Kombi Moter w trimmer, edger, and BG blower attatchments to get me started. I don't really plan on going over 10 yards this year because I cant quit my day job so I figured this would be the most economical start up on some fairly powerful equipment.

I got home Friday with my new toys and proceeded to try them out. I was beyond impressed with both the trimmer and the edger. The blower on the other hand was beyond dissapointing as no air whatsoever came out of the end. I could see the blades spinning through the intake but not sure if it was on a low speed or not grabbing right or what. I took it back to the dealer on Saturday who could not get it to work either, I did not hear back from them today so just wondering if any of you guys are familiar with this equipment or have heard of similar experiences. Any help/advice (other than trash it and buy something different) would be greatly appreciated.

2. Just Mow

Just Mow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

You need to push the attachment all of the way in, that sounds like your problem. I had the same thing happen to me and this resolved it.