1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

NEW Stihl Kombi lightweight shaft extension attchment

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by FLAhaulboy, Jul 30, 2010.

1. FLAhaulboy

FLAhaulboy LawnSite Senior Member

A 37" carbon fiber shaft extension for HT and HL applications. Extremely lightweight – less than 2 lbs. DSRP: $129.95

I bought one last week & am so for impressed with the light weight of the shaft. I also use the older shaft extension (HT-KM Shaft Extension), I am using (2) shaft extensions on the Stihl Kombi 130 power head, Though Stihl only recommends "one" extension shaft be used. Encountered no problems using two extensions.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2010
  2. GrassGuerilla

GrassGuerilla LawnSite Bronze Member

Ok, I'm about to bid a job trimming some MONSTROUS bushes. About 12-15' tall. To be pruned along both sides of the driveway. I have a Stihl hl100 extended articulating hedge trimmer. I could use a couple extra feet of reach. Can the Kombi extension be attached? Asked another way, can the Kombi extension be added to a regular Stihl trimmer?
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. locallawncare.ca

locallawncare.ca LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

I was wondering the same thing, I have a non komby trimmer, but all the attachments come with a shaft, it appears to be very similar minus the coupler on the end.
  4. GrassGuerilla

GrassGuerilla LawnSite Bronze Member

I know the attachments will all fit any stihl trimmer. Remove the short Kombi shaft and the bolt straight on. But I don't know about using the extensions.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. easy-lift guy

easy-lift guy LawnSite Gold Member

Looks like a great improvement, thanks Stihl really looking forward to many more sales now.
    easy-lift guy