new stihl trimmers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by stevesmowing, Jan 12, 2005.

1. stevesmowing

stevesmowing LawnSite Senior Member

2. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

We dont have a FS130 but have a FS110 and like it. It has a lot more torque than the FS85, the only bad thing is it weights a little more than the old FS85's.

3. Cobra Jock

Cobra Jock LawnSite Member

Nice machine but it weighs too much! 13 pounds is a lot of weight for a line trimmer. I think this unit is a little overkill for most small to mid-size lawn companies IMO

Greg

4. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

FS 110 is a great machine. The only complaint I have is that mine has been hard starting. Everyone says that theirs start pretty easy and when mine was new in May, it started easy too. Toward the end of the year it became a pain in the ass to get it started. I still like the machine though, great torque and you can run it full bore without it hurting your ears too badly. Although, everyone wants to talk about the great fuel economy, I haven't seen results of that. As a matter of fact, it get the same or worse results than I did with my FS 85 but I'm not really worried all that much when fuel for all my equipment doesn't cost me more than about $20 a week