1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New Straps for my Redmax

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by NNJLandman, Nov 6, 2005.

1. NNJLandman

NNJLandman LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey guys got a problem got my self a Redmax EB 7000, the straps are real shot on them so I went to my equipment dealer, ordered a new pair of straps, there in the next day wonderful, cleanups are here and what not. Get the straps home and the top end of the straps are already stitched shut. So i cant figure out how to get them attached to the top part, I feel like i need some type of hook or something? Can anyone help me out.

2. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Umm, maybe cut the stiched part off, slide through EASILY and restitch.
  3. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Take them back to your dealer and ask for the rest of the pieces or ask how to put them on.
  4. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

You can go to www.redmax.com and find the operators manual for the blower and it shows in there how to do the straps (I would post a link here but it doesn't seem to have a link that you can direct to).

The ends are supposed to be sewn, you don't cut them open as SOMEBODY said earlier. You basically pass it through the top handle and then have to run it back through the buckle...

sheesh.. cut and restitch.. I hope that person was being sarcastic.
  5. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Here is how it's done;

Attached Files: