New striping technique

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tharrell, Aug 25, 2006.

1. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

Anyone ever tried raising 1 or more of the 3 blades under the deck? That would produce some interesting results. I'd like to see a wave striped that way.

2. Brink's Lawn Care

Brink's Lawn Care LawnSite Member

I'll try and be nice tonight. Long day and extremly angry.. Will you just stop and think about what you just said!!!!! Change the heigth of the mower blades. You have any idea what that will do??? It'll look like you have a bent blade, and just think what the lawn will look like!!!!!!! I'll stop here, o and one more thing, get out of the business if you are going to come up with stupid little so called clever ideas!!!!!!!

3. chimmygew

chimmygew LawnSite Senior Member

Nice way to make friends on your 1st post.

4. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

to his credit, it was kind of a dumb question...if you know anything about mowers at all.

5. chimmygew

chimmygew LawnSite Senior Member

I'm not disagreeing that it was kind of a lack of good taste (politely wording so to speak) question, but why post the negative post he did?

6. traman

traman LawnSite Senior Member

noooo! but i have seen people cut one way at 3"and then back at 4" nothing really stripes well in Florida. it was interesting to say the lest.

7. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I can stripe (some) St Augestein See my post in the picture section. Im not too far from you. Im in Holiday.

8. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

It would seem that you could cut one direction at 4", then drop to 3 and cut every other pass at 90 degree angle. Sort of the raised checkerboard look......LOL IM gonna have to try that in my yard.

9. M and S Lawn Care

M and S Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Haa... one day I got home from school and my neighbor's/friend's yard had scalped stripes all over it. I was deeply confused on how this could have happened. It just so happened that my buddys sister was the one cutting the lawn, and didnt realize that two of the wheels on the 21 push had fallen down on one side. half of the lawn was almost down to dirt. When her dad got home, he said, and I quote " what the heck were you thinking!? Wait! you weren't thinking!" she thought it was how the mower was supposed to stripe.

10. noseha

noseha LawnSite Senior Member
    from MI

second time i have called you a dumb ass!!