New stuff at GIE

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DA Quality Lawn & YS, Oct 21, 2013.

1. StanWilhite

StanWilhite LawnSite Silver Member

First I've seen of these mowers....pretty impressive engineering! I noticed that the top speed was 19 mph....do these come with airbags?

If these mowers get any faster they will eliminate the need for a truck. Just hook the trailer to the main mower and hit the interstate to the next job! :waving: :laugh:

2. Greg78

Greg78 LawnSite Silver Member

No details on the Stryker yet. Dixie Chopper posted this on Facebook 4 hours ago:
    [​IMG]

3. Armsden&Son

Armsden&Son LawnSite Silver Member

HOLY SH*&!!!!!!!! That baby is just sooooo beautiful I can't put it into words!!!! Thank you so much for posting the picture!

4. Greg78

Said they'd have the full spec sheet out tomorrow. Do know it has a fold up platform so it can be operated as a walk-behind and to save trailer space.

5. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

It'a baaaaack

[​IMG]

6. Blades Lawn Maintenance

Blades Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Baton Rouge, La

The Stryker looks nice

7. Richard Martin

Dixie tried this concept once before. Back in 2005. It didn't work that time.

8. Greg78

Wow only 1 photo from Dixie Chopper on their website smh. Looks like it's a little different than the Run Behind: more compact front to back, operator platform will be suspended/hinged from machine without trailing caster wheels, Z controls and on the fenders there's place to put foot for shifting weight on hills.

I'd only be interested in a 36" or 50" machine neither of which they will produce. Looks to be significantly slower than my 50" Dixie Chopper Classic: 54" Stryker 3.7 APH vs Classic 50" 4.6 APH. Probably due to the ZT3400.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2013
  9. mowing4cash

mowing4cash LawnSite Member
    from us

New Wright Stander I. Has the Aero Deck and made in a 36" Deck with a spring platform. Also front casters are no longer staggered.

10. Richard Martin

They'll go about 8 MPH. If they don't make a 36" than I don't have a use for them. I'd also like to see a little more ground speed, around 10 MPH would be nice.

Prices starting at $9000 based on their 60 month, 3.99% financing with a $165 monthly payment. I don't want it.