1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

New stuff at GIE

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DA Quality Lawn & YS, Oct 21, 2013.

1. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

I'm not planning on spending much time at the GIE+ portion of the expo tomorrow. I'm going to focus more on the HNA, an HNA class, and the HNA outdoor area. But after all that, we do plan to go back outside to the GIE+ outdoor demo. area and ride some more mowers (cuz that was fun!). So I'll see what I can find out if I pass an Exmark or Toro booth either on the way or outside. I'm interested in the 30s as well.

2. lawnsaspire

lawnsaspire LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks Jim. I really enjoy reading your posts and experiences
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. lawnsaspire

Actually I'd be surprised I'd they released any info now cause they'd be afraid no one would by any more of this yrs model.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. StanWilhite

StanWilhite LawnSite Silver Member

X2 Jim, when I see these Altoz mowers I can't help but think of a sports bike!

5. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I see Robo-mower. One thing I don't like is how everything is covered up. Particularly the engine. The fact is that it still has a internal combustion engine and it will still break down and need servicing done. The more open the engine is, the easier it is to work on. They get a huge fail for this.

6. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

Man that thing looks awesome!! The design and build look great. I love the trellis style frame. I NEED to demo one for a LS review. Altoz if your reading this please PM me!!
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

Spoke with an Exmark rep about the 30's. No comment on the larger engine question but did say work is being done on the components of the transmission to improve hill side performance.

8. lawnsaspire

Are you there at the expo sjessen?
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

hello beautiful, I have some space on my trailer for you :clapping:

10. StanWilhite

StanWilhite LawnSite Silver Member

GMLC I'm surprised that you like these mowers because it looks to me like they're using a lot of parts that are mainly straight lines/angles.

I remember your main dislike about Bad Boys was that "they use too many straight lines/angles, and not enough curves" to have (what you referred to as) "a good fit and finish". BB also use "hanger bars" instead of just chains, which has been one of your main topics lately.

I'm just bustin' your chops a little.....don't want to start any arguments.....I really don't! I just couldn't let this odd change of opinion go without mention! :laugh::drinkup: