New stuff at GIE

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DA Quality Lawn & YS, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Apples

Apples LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for all the info,and pics Jim, especially on the Altoz!

2. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

Yes the latest info from hydro gear on the 5400 dual speed trans states capable of 18+ mph and over 600 ft lbs of torque!!
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

Sorry. I guess I didn't read the name clearly. I guess it says Bad Boy. Anyway, it was the orange one pictured above in two of my photos. The one I rode was the one with the spoiler on the back.

4. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

There are HyperDrives in use with thousands of hours according Hustler and my dealer, and this is with zero problems. My dealer's top salesman told me there had been no warranty claim on a HyperDrive system sold from their business, and they had sold a large number of units.

Based on what I was told by Hustler yesterday, their HyperDrive has proven itself above and beyond their expectations.

I was told the warranty covered everything 100% for 5 yrs. or 3000 hrs. on the pumps and wheel motors, and the stainless steel lines already had a lifetime warranty against leaks, which is amazing. Hustler says they honestly are not concerned in the least about failures inside the warranty time frame. You made the statement, "Only time will tell," from these findings I would say time has already told.

This is what I would have believed from the pictures and information offered up about this mower...and I really like the statement, "my preliminary opinion was that it is just lipstick on a pig."

Stop and think about this from a common sense standpoint, how could you possibly make 3 gallons of oil come to a boiling point unless there is a cooling problem brought on from lack of maintenance, or a mechanical problem from a cooling component. I don't believe the entire story is being told if this did actually take place, sounds a little like...he said, we said, they said. The warranty would not be voided unless it could be proven someone abused the system. Get a few more accurate details, if that is possible, then come back with a more clear explanation for your statement.

5. GMLC

In my opinion a year or so of actual field use by LCO's is not near enough time. Other systems have a 4-5 year track record, some more. Hustler has claimed for years that they have the best hydro systems. Lets hope they actually do this time...You really have to take what a dealer and salesman have to say with a grain of salt. Very few have the honesty to say something bad about their top selling brand. In all my years I have maybe worked with 1 or 2 that actually were equipment junkies and knew enough about a lot of brands. Most just drink the corporate cool aid.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. puppypaws

I agree with what you say about dealers and salesman, and this is the case with anything in most buying and selling situations. I have a very close personal relationship with my dealer and his salesman, actually went to church with the salesman for many years, and he has always been an honest person. I can believe what they tell me due to knowing these people outside of the business world for such a long period of time. Most do not have a friendship type relationship with their dealer an employees such as I always have, this makes a tremendous difference.

You can go to my dealership and believe everything they tell you to be true to the best of their knowledge. When someone comes into their business to buy a mower, and they carry several lines, they give them the pros and cons of each model honestly, let them try the mowers for themselves, then make up their own minds. There are no pushy sales tactics, none are needed, their business has always thrived.

I wish everyone could be fortunate enough to have a dealer and personnel as honest and competent as mine. I would put mine against any dealer in the country. Their business has been in place probably close to 40 yrs., just guessing, and their sales have always been really strong, with this being a banner year due to the excessive rainfall through the first of August. They have sold high numbers of Hustler and Bobcat mowers, with Gravely performing the best ever.

Exmark and Scag have virtually begged my dealer to carry their lines but to no avail. I asked them why they refused these lines and was told it would force them to handle more inventory than they could without expanding, and they felt more comfortable where they were.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2013
  7. GMLC

Yes I do remember now that you are one of the very few fortunate enough to have a great dealer.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. GMLC

Thanks Jim!

This is some great info from someone with no brand loyalty or bias.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. puppypaws

I'm wondering why he did not get to run a Hustler Super Z HD, I never saw where he mentioned seeing Hustler. I think he may have been a little shocked at the quickness and operation of this machine.

10. GMLC

Im sure if he used one he would have mentioned it. Im not sure if all machines are available for demo?
    Posted via Mobile Device