new stuff

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by cjme, Jan 14, 2006.

1. cjme

cjme LawnSite Member
    from 44112

today i got dixon catalog they have things that make you say hummm what i would like to know is how are the new hydro w/b's if anyone have anything on this please let me know. i am a week away from the lesco and so much stuffffffffffff.!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Signature Landscaping1

Signature Landscaping1 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

i dont care much for dixons, but if ur getting a new mower get a lesco!

3. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Welcome to LS, here, you won't find very many people that will say that dixons are good machines. I don't see anything wrong with them. But just to let you know, it could take awhile to get pro dixon response.

Again, welcome to LS, enjoy your stay!!

4. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

I haven't heard a whole lot of support fo rbuying Dixons here. Personally if the choice ws Dixon or Lesco I'd go with Lesco.

5. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

lesco and be loyal take care of them and they'll do the same.

6. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

There is NOTHING WRONG WITH DIXONS! But I'm talking about the ZTR riding machines here. They are in fact made here in Kansas USA.

The walkbehinds are MADE IN CHINA and I'd bet $$$ they are the same as RedHawk/Bradley.

If you were talking a ztr I would push you STRONGLY to look at them. Since you are looking at a hydro walk, I would have to push you towards the Lesco. The lesco (and many other brands: Toro, Exmark, Hustler, Scag) are time tested proven machines that are very well built. The made in China ones are going to be as well built as anything else you find that's made in China...