New stuff

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Vibe Ray, Nov 15, 2002.

1. Vibe Ray

Vibe Ray LawnSite Senior Member

It's around mid November now...is it safe to tell us about the new stuff for the 2003's yet?

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Vibe,

Here's the list. Hopefully I'm not forgetting anything.

-All floating decks walk behinds and riders get new "formed" anti-scalp roller brackets for greater strength and to eliminate the build up of debris in the bracket.

-New decals for the entire line.

-New Titan Multi-Trac c/s drive tires on all Lazer HP's as well as Lazer Z's. These tires not only provide greater traction but also reduce the likelihood of turf damage when turning.

-New larger fuel neck opening on all walk behind models.

-Canister air filters on all 21 hp and larger Kawasaki engines (air cooled, liquid cooled units have always had the canister style filter)

-Cast aluminum hydro reservoir that was standard on all Lazer Z's and Lazer HP's is now standard on all walk behind models.

-New muffler design on Lazer Z HP's larger than 17 hp.

-Striping rollers for 44" and 48" Lazer Z HP's.

-Eliminated the 25 HP carburated Kohler engine and replaced it with the new 27 HP carburated engine on Lazer Z's.

-New 28 HP EFI Kohler on Lazer Z's.

-All Lazer Z models now have engine rpm's set at 3750.

-New tracking adjustment knob on Lazer Z's eliminates the use of wrenches or most tracking adjustments. A simple turn of a knob is all that is now needed making the process much faster and simpler.

-Lazer XP, includes several changes to increase Dual Mule Drive belt life, increased efficiency and reliability of the cooling fan drive and the same tracking adjustment knob as the Lazer Z.

-UltraVac, change to the impeller housing and discharge chute to improve performance and reduce wear.

-Improved tube to blower latch provides a more positive connection and greater reliability of the latch components.

-QDS (Quick Discharge System) or "dump" from the seat UltraVac for 60" and 72" Lazer Z's and Lazer Z XP's. Bagging capacity is 11 bushels and utilizes the same blower drive system as the standard UltraVac.

There are actually several other "tweeks" that we've made to help increase reliability, improve performance, make repairs easier, and improve performance.

Thanks

Terry

3. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

Most of these sound like good and viable improvements with the exception of the new decals for the entire line.

Personally, I'd much rather see the oil filter/hydro filter location issue addressed than to impliment new decals. This only makes my units look like the "old stuff", whild doing nothing to improve the quality of the unit.

I understand the need for cosmetic improvements, but only after everything possible is done to make the machine and it's operation/maintenance easier for the owner.

In my opinion the oil/hydro filter location issue is a very important one.

4. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Terry, a couple questions for you:

When will the 28 EFI engines be available to the public? I take it, that engine will still be available only on EPS models? How much of an increase in MSRP on the EPS models?

Thanks,
    Keith

5. eXmark

Keith,

I just got the word that the 28 won't be available until sometime after the first of the year. I believe that there are enough changes on that engine that it's going to take Kohler some time to gear up to full production.

Price increase should be around $300 for this engine and available only on the Lazer Z EPS.

Green Pastures. I do recall your issue with the engine oil filter, however could you please give me a refresher on your hydro filter issue?

Thanks

Terry

6. Vibe Ray

Wow, that all sounds Great! I always said you guys are gonna have an very near-perfect machine and lineup after a few years of constantly improving like this....I mean you gotta run out of things to make better, don't you?!I have a few questions for ya.

"All floating decks walk behinds and riders get new "formed" anti-scalp roller brackets for greater strength and to eliminate the build up of debris in the bracket."

Can you post a pic?

"All Lazer Z models now have engine rpm's set at 3750."

Has the engine changed at all to allow this increase? Or did you guys just finally decide that it is safe to up it from 3600 to 3750? If so, then should I up my own? Basically, just comment on this a little.

"New tracking adjustment knob on Lazer Z's eliminates the use of wrenches or most tracking adjustments. A simple turn of a knob is all that is now needed making the process much faster and simpler."

Now this sounds like a really good idea! Where is/are the knob(s) located?

Keep it up!

7. eXmark

We'll give it a try. The photo quality isn't all that good but you'll get the idea. The top has been closed which add some strength and keeps the debris out of the bracket which isn't that big of deal unless your lawns are heavily fertilized.

11190003.jpg

8. eXmark

Vibe,

This is the tracking adjustment knob. It's mounted under the seat and will allow you to make the mower track straight rather than pull to one side or the other. It's the same principle that we use on the hydro walk behinds. It allow you to speed up or slow down one side to compensate for an improper adjustment in either side. It's kinda hard to see but if you look at the front of the shiny linkage rod in the center there is a knob on the front end to the right in the picture.

11190004.jpg

9. Vibe Ray

ok 2 outta 3 answered.........just one more.

"All Lazer Z models now have engine rpm's set at 3750."

Has the engine changed at all to allow this increase? Or did you guys just finally decide that it is safe to up it from 3600 to 3750? If so, then should I up my own? Basically, just comment on this a little.
    Thanx

10. eXmark

Vibe,

Oops, I guess I kinda for got to answer that question.

While I don't think it would hurt the engine the engine manufacturer would most likely consider this a modification and any subsequent failure might not be covered under warranty. After all when they sold the engine is was supposed to be governed at 3600 and covered for a period of 2 years.

I really can't speak for Kohler or Kawasaki on the warranty issue but I would recommend against increasing your engine rpm's until after the warranty period has expired. You may want to contact Kohler and Kawi directly to see what they have to say.

Thanks

Terry