new style dump/utility trailer

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Rottman, Nov 30, 2006.

1. Rottman

Rottman LawnSite Member

Check out this new style trailer at: www.capstonecommerce.com, It's kind of a neat set up, they combine a dump and utility trailer set up. The information on the website states you can also get it with a side gate which I think would be the best set up.

2. shenders

shenders LawnSite Member

I have a similar style trailer that designed and built for my need for storage as I pull my equipment with an suv. It has a large box (holds over 80 bushels) on the front that side dumps at 45 degrees using a 8 ton jack. For now it only has a hand pump on it that is still pretty quick, looking to go electric over hydraulic over the winter. It stores all my bagging equipment when not in use and works great for the days I bag and during spring and fall clean ups. I like the fact it is on the front as I can still get my 60 inch and 52 inch exmarks on the back, weight balance is still pretty good. I also hang my bp blower on the front and allows for trimmer racks on the side of the trailer.

3. shenders

shenders LawnSite Member

Here is the trailer in last years picture, some upgrades this year.

trailerresized.jpg

4. WALKER LANDSCAPE

WALKER LANDSCAPE LawnSite Bronze Member

Senders Did you build that or buy it some where? If you purchased it where did you.

5. shenders

shenders LawnSite Member

Walker, homemade trailer and dump system. Family farm doubles as a fabricating service for my lawncare. My dad built the trailer years back, solid as they come, and my older brother loves to design and fabricate what he needs on the farm. All he did was order the jack from Northern equipment and modified it to work under the box. Saves a load of time for me.

6. WALKER LANDSCAPE

We have Bri mars dumps they and utility trailers that would be a great concept for a two crew doing our re fabs. It looks stout good job on your build.

7. shenders

shenders LawnSite Member

Thanks, it works great for occasional bagging. Only run either by myself or with one other guy. Does okay for clean-ups but could definitely use more room for large clean-ups. Overall it really works well for a small business that doesn't want to have multiple trailers/trucks or upgrade to a landscaper dump box on a truck.

8. WALKER LANDSCAPE

You ever thought of boxing it in with plywood and attaching a 16hp
    leaf vac to it you that would be outstanding. You would have to make it
    that big because of the size now the vac would dust those leaves.

9. shenders

shenders LawnSite Member

I usually mulch and then bag in the fall, seems to be just as quick. For the box itself I don't use a dump bagging system on the lazers, they are both the bag style. I can usually get two .5 acre size yards in each trip to dump if they are mulched first. That is with quite a bit of trees here in MN. I like the idea but it would be one more step for my small operation to dump on the ground then suck them up with the vac, and I don't mind throwing them over the side of the box, probably takes a little longer for that process. Not sure the vac would save me enough time to be worth the money.

10. WALKER LANDSCAPE

Stll a nice set-up there. You getting any snow out there I have been bouncing back and forth from Lawnsite to Plowsite.