New style gas cans

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Keytee04, Jul 15, 2006.

1. Keytee04

Keytee04 LawnSite Member

Does anyone else think the new gas cans are the worst invention since the electric hedge trimmer? I have wasted countless gallons of gas spilling out of these "safer" gas cans. I don't ever remember having a safety issue with my old gas cans. I keep going to flea markets to look for old plastic cans since you can't buy them anymore. Sorry to vent but this drives me nuts.

2. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Are you saying blitz

3. bigjeeping

bigjeeping LawnSite Senior Member

what's wrong with electric hedge trimmers?

4. JJLandscapes

JJLandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

lol alright i thought my crew was the only one spilling gas everytime... i took the spout from a kersonine blue gas tank and use it instead so nothing spills out anymore when you use the safe spouts (they break easily too)

but whats wrong with electric hedge trimmers? there are almost "proffesional" grade ones out that many of the huge companies in town use.. ( one lco has a truck doing hedge trimming and removals all day and they only use electric ones and do a perfect job

5. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

Frankly, Blitz cans suck

6. StBalor

StBalor LawnSite Senior Member

Lol, yes, i hate the new gas cans. I thought i was the only 1. I bought 1 last year and traded it to 1 of my clients for their old gas can.

7. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I sure would like to find a good gas container and spout for filling trimmers and blowers. We spill a lot of gas and overfill often. We are using the Home Depot special 2.5 gal plastic with yellow spout.

8. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Just buy the metal ones at lesco or other places.

9. meathead1134

meathead1134 LawnSite Senior Member

I second this

10. jim163

jim163 LawnSite Member

ummmm....YOU HAVE TO PLUG THEM IN!~