New Style Gator Blades ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bobby, Feb 27, 2000.

1. Bobby

Bobby LawnSite Senior Member

Does anybody have a phone # or web address for the new gator blades? I talked to two dealers yesterday who had not even heard of them yet. Bobby
  2. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Bobby, All I can find is a picture in Lawn & Landscape. Tells you to contact your Silver Streak dealer.<p>Homer
  3. sunrise

sunrise Banned

Bobby web sight <br> look under new stuff this comp. is located in Ohio. The blades are about $15.00<br>sunrise
  4. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

has anyone used these yet?
  5. Bobby

The people at put me in contact with the people who make Magnum Gator Blades. They said they will not be making the new blades for Walkers. <p>----------<br>Bobby <br>Ft Lauderdale
  6. ztrmower

ztrmower LawnSite Member
    from florida

Bobby, <br>You are correct, the walker magnum gator will be out later this season.For you others:<br>I will list some popular Silver Streak PN#<br>Exmark<br>48&quot; = 90-716<br>52&quot;= 90-718<br>Dixie Chopper<br>50&quot;=90-723<br>60&quot;=90-724<br>I called my SS distributer here in FLA<br>they dont Have any in stock yet!<br>They have ordered them and are waiting on them as we speak.<br>David<br>B and B Sales and Service<br>
  7. Lee Homan

Lee Homan LawnSite Member

May be a stupid question, but can gator blades be re-sharpened and what is the average life of them?<br>Thanks, <br>Lee
  8. Bobby

Lee They seem to last the same as standard blades for me. As for sharpening, if you are refering to the lifting fins, they don't need it.Ever. <p>----------<br>Bobby <br>Ft Lauderdale
  9. mattingly

mattingly LawnSite Member

Can these gator blades be used on walk behinds and how successful are they by themselves mowing grass. I realize a lot of people use them to pulverize leaves. Can a wb handle 4 blades per spindle? Anyone done anything neat with walk behinds and different blades(aka different combos) and have they been successful?<p>----------<br>Integrated Landscape Solutions<br>Lexington, KY
  10. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Mattingly, I don't think any mower can handle 4 blades per spindle. 2 blades per spindle is a big load on an engine.<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>