1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New SubContractor For Leaves If Interested

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by WigginsLandscaping, Nov 8, 2004.

1. WigginsLandscaping

WigginsLandscaping LawnSite Member

I think this guy is for me. I think at this price I can keep him pretty busy.

Landscaping/Lawn Services -
    $25 Leaf Removal

BXiXtX LXnXsXaXeX&XCXnXtXr.

Stump removal, gutters, flower beds, mulch, concrete work, driveways, patios, Lic & Ins.

He is even Lic and Ins.......

HA. Whatever-This KILLS ME.
  2. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Send him up here when you are done. I need a rest. What a dope. Who in their right mind advertises that price for leaf cleans? How does he pay for a license and insurance?
    You know as well as I that he can't be much competition for you. if he is it wont be for long. :dizzy:
  3. WigginsLandscaping

WigginsLandscaping LawnSite Member

My thoughts exactly. He must be good to be able to turn a profit. Found that in our Classified Adds of our biggest paper here. Unbelievable.
  4. mbricker

mbricker LawnSite Senior Member

Yep, the biggest favor you can do for those guys is send them work. LOTS of work. Subbed thru you, of course, and billed at or near your normal price. If they get lots of work at the cheap price, they are too busy to get around and infect any more customers in your area with the cheapo expectations. And sooner or later they catch on that they aren't making anything.

Problem solved.
  5. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

This guy may be smarter than you think... "leaf" is singular, I see a yard full of $25 dollar bills....lol I'm buyin' :drinkup:
  6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

This is exactly what I was thinking! There have been a FEW different posts over the years concerning ads like these, and many of them have ended up the same type of thing. Key phrases like "starting at" and "as low as" can go a long way...especially once they get there and upsell a whole bunch of other stuff just because they got their foot in the door. It's all marketing.
  7. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

was that fareway's flyer?