New Sun Shade

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Southland, Jan 11, 2004.

1. Southland

Southland LawnSite Member

I noticed that Exmark is marketing a new sun shade that mounts to the R.O.P.S. for 2004. What is the retail price and when will it be available?

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Southland,

Yes we will be offering a sunshade that mounts to the ROPS. MSRP is $199 however they won't be available until sometime next month.

Thanks

Terry

3. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

The shade looks nice, and the price too. How easily does it come off the ROPS?

How about trailering with it on. Do you need to back it on the trailer so the wind won't catch the front of it?

I'm thinking about adding the ROPS, light kit and shade to my 03 Lazer HP. Probably the suspension seat base too. Maybe even the striping roller. The machine is a definte keeper so it's time to accessorize it a bit.

4. eXmark

Darryl,

We tested the sunshade in the up position at speeds that possibly exceeded the posted legal speed limit on I-80 through most of Iowa. We would never intentionally break the speed limit or any other law but if we did it would have been on a Friday night when our Rep in Iowa would have been heading home for the weekend.

It may not be up to NASCAR specifications but don't be surprised if you see a receiver hitch on one of the trucks in the "Truck Series". If you want to fold the ROPS down and the sunshade it takes a minute or so. It takes longer to explain it than it does to actually fold it down.

Thanks

Terry

5. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks Terry.

Is it safe to assume that the ROPS and shade are compatible with the Ultravac? I imagine you wouldn't be able to open the UV with the ROPS folded down, but otherwise do they fit together?

Thanks,

Darryl

6. eXmark

Darryl,

Oops. The sunshade only fist the ROPS. With the ROPS in the lowest position you can not lift the hood to remove the bags on the 2 and 3 bag UltraVac models. The QDS is completely functional with the ROPS in all positions.

Thanks

Terry