New Sun-Shade

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Mackado, May 4, 2004.

1. Mackado

Mackado LawnSite Member

I have question about the new sun-shade exmark has that fits on the ROP. Is it available now and what is the price? How does it fold down for working under trees and transporting? I would like to have some shade. The sun is turning my nose and tops of my ears to bacon. I fear skin cancer from this abuse.

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Mackado,

Sorry took so long to get back with you on this one. The Sunshades began shipping last week and price per unit is around $200.

To fold the sunshade down you must remove two plastic knobs (one per side) slide the support down pivoting the top down. To secure it in the down position you must then re-install the knobs and bolts. It's really pretty easy.

Thanks,

Terry

3. Mackado

Mackado LawnSite Member

Thanks Terry
    That is what I wanted to know. I wish that was $I00. Two hundred seems a little high for a peice of plastic. Sorry but I will probably pay it.

Love My Exmark Z
    Paul

4. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

But it's really good plastic..................

Most of the added cost is due to the construction. It's a double wall to give it strength. We put one on our salesman’s demo for the Midwest. If it can survive in the up position at the speeds he drives you’ll appreciate that added strength that we’ve built in.

I wouldn't recommend spending any time on the highway with the sunshade in the up position but it is a pretty good testament to its strength.

Thanks

Terry

5. Oldtimer

Oldtimer LawnSite Bronze Member

The SunShade is worth $200.00. It is very well designed, easy to install and tough. I delivered a new diesel last week with lights and the sun shade. The customer (homeowner) mows several acres with a lot of trees with low limbs. I was showing him how his new machine would perform so while running wide open (at night) with the lights on I didn't see some low hanging limbs until too late. The sunshade and rops won without a scratch.

Oldtimer