New Super Duty just arrived!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by riley1374, Apr 5, 2005.

1. riley1374

riley1374 LawnSite Member

Man is this thing awesome. Just got finished putting it together which is a piece of cake, just mount the handlebars and your ready to roll. Someone earlier had complained about the battery cable being hard to access, but my battery was already hooked up. Once i get to fire it up tonight, i will let you all know how it is.

2. nt1

nt1 LawnSite Senior Member

What is a super duty?

3. gdguth

gdguth LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

Are you talking about the Quick 36?

4. riley1374

riley1374 LawnSite Member

Sorry should have put that in there. Yes, the quick 36! :waving:

5. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

I think he's talking about the quick36 super duty.

just a couple of hints,

if you're side discharging, raise the discharge chute about 2 inches and tighten the bolt down so that it stays there. you will get much better discharge this way.

I highly recomend the mulch kit. really does a great job. works best with high lift blades.

for side discharging in the rain or when the grass is wet, use two gator blades and one high lift. the first gator goes on the left spindle, the second gator goes on the middle spindle and the high lift goes on the right spindle. it will work well with high lifts, I just get less deck packing this way.

for turning, don't try to fight the mower to turn. your role should be guiding the mower, the hydro should be doing the work for you. here's the process that I've found to be the easiest way to turn the quick 36. 1. as you finish your pass, and while your still moving, turn the mower about 60 degrees. 2. depress the reverse lever to go backwards while moving in that direction turn the mower another 60 degrees. 3. depress the forward leveer and turn another 60 degrees. then you should be lined up on your next pass. I have a video showing how it's done if you want to see it. the turning is really the only thing that takes a little while to master. once you get it, is is almost effortless. I got the hang of it in about a week. like I said, the video really shows a lot more than my explanation.

6. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC LawnSite Senior Member

TClawn Id like to see the video

7. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

tell me if the video works. if it doesn't work, I'll shoot another video today.

Attached Files:

8. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC LawnSite Senior Member

I tried, it didnt seem to work for me. It opened up a new page and all I saw was a little box with a red, green, and blue shapes in it.

9. cndhaines

cndhaines LawnSite Member

tc that movie still wont play u have teased us long enough with that movie please reshoot it or find a way to make it work

chris

10. gotgreen?

gotgreen? LawnSite Member

if you can't watch video on browser right click on link, click on "save target as..." from the drop down menu that reads "save in" choose desktop to make it easy to find and click "ok" then close or minimize browser then got to file on desktop and play video. The reason why I advise to save on desktop is because is easier to find if you want to delete file after you watch it.