New Super Oil Questions

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Vugger, May 11, 2007.

1. Vugger

Vugger LawnSite Member

PJ,
    I went to my dealer yesterday to pickup some of the Super Oil and an oil filter for my new Super Mini Z. When I asked to get the Super Oil they looked at me like I was crazy. They said they have never heard of it. So I explained what it was and how it doubled your warranty, but they were unaware that it existed and could not tell me where to get some. I am just coming up on 5hrs. for my new Mini. If I am understanding this correctly, the Super Oil has to be used from the initial oil change to double your warranty. I did pick up some regular 10W30 oil and a Kohler filter, but do I need to wait to change the oil until I get the Super Oil? Also, Kohler makes two oil filters that fit my 27hp Kohler, (according to my dealer) does it matter if we use the long one or the short one? The reason I am asking is the new filter I just got looks different than the original one that is on the machine.
    Thanks

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Email me your information along with your dealer information and contact there and I will get someone to update them, the Super Oil is very new to the dealer network.
    Yes, it needs to be used from the initial oil change.
    I don't think it makes a difference on which filter you use, I think they are the same other than the size and capacity.

Pj