New Super Z and Right Side Gas Tank

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by tnoutdoors, Aug 1, 2005.

1. tnoutdoors

tnoutdoors LawnSite Member

Just curious if there are any known issues with the new tank style. Specifically, first time tank swap. Seems pretty straight forward, move the valve switch from the left tank to the right tank. Left side is good, when moved over the right side tank it appears there is no fuel and it quits. Go back to left tank, all is good. My dealer advised there was a shutoff valve underneath but retracted that on the new style tank. I ran both the Kubota ZD28 and the SuperZ before deciding on the Z. Both are great machines, Kubota has been a favorite of mine but the Z had all the moves required for our application (17 acres of pasture and lawns). BTW, dealer is sending someone out to check on it but maybe I've overlooked something simple. Thanks.

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

I have heard of no problems with the new style tank.
    Has your dealer taken care of this? if so what did he find? if not, let me know we will get it taken care of for you.

Pj

3. tnoutdoors

tnoutdoors LawnSite Member

All is good. Dealer responded quickly. Advised the pickup tube was off or left off.

4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Glad to hear it was taken care of for you.
    Sorry for the inconvenience.

Pj