New Super Z in shop!

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Fescue Farmer, Jul 22, 2004.

1. Fescue Farmer

Fescue Farmer LawnSite Member

I had to take one of my 25/52 Super Mini Z to the dealer with 182 hours on it - feels like the right side hydro pump is going out. The right rear wheel gradually lost 90% of its power - won't even pull itself up on the dovetail of truck.

When the mower had 25 hours on it, the main drive belt came off while mowing - dealer replaced belt. My other Super Mini 52 at 190 hours still has a like new feeling to the hydro system. The one that I dropped off at the dealer always seemed "loose". I have been on mowers when the hydro drive belt has either gone out or started slipping - this mower feels like the pump is about to go - weak as water. When a belt is bad, it seems like the loss comes from both wheels simultaneously, not just one, unless there is something wrong with the pulley.

Oh Well - I reckon that is what warranty is all about! (While working on our old beat-up family vehicles we drive, I keep telling my young son to get a good job so you don't have to wrench in the garage all the time - I keep saying "Warranty Son, Warranty!!!!!:))

The optimist in me says "The dealer will fix it!"

The pessimist in me says "Ya know the left side pump doesn't feel near as strong as the other mower with the same amount of hours, maybe I got a lemon?"

The realist in me slaps both the optimist and the pessimist and says, "Boys - we got a lotta turf yet to mow this week - lets roll!"

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

I am sure your dealer will check everything out.
    If you would like to e-mail me your info I can have our CS dept follow up with them.
    Let me know
    Pj

3. Fescue Farmer

Fescue Farmer LawnSite Member

Dealer fixed problem! Simple fix really.........the "dump valves" for the hydro pumps had slowly worked themselves loose! Never thought to check these, because I never touched them from the time I bought the machine.

Good as new and more responsive - when something sloooowwwwlllyyyy goes wrong, it is harder to detect than if it quickly goes out!

No need to follow up PJ, thanks for your concern!

sextan3-2.jpg

4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Good to hear.
    Love those pics your posting.

Pj