1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New Super Z with Muffler at bottom

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by MV Property Care, Sep 9, 2013.

1. MV Property Care

MV Property Care LawnSite Member

I was at my dealer the other day and I saw the new mowers with the muffler on the bottom of the engine. I always liked my muffler higher up. I could see this starting a fire during the fall season when you mulch leaves. Any opinions?
  2. hustlermidwest

hustlermidwest LawnSite Senior Member

Trust me when I say we do everything possible to stay away from that "F" word. You really have no worries of the leaves. Pending on what model you are looking at we are now using a Kawasaki muffler. With the new muffler location you'll hear less engine noise and we'll have less muffler issues.

Brian O
  3. MV Property Care

MV Property Care LawnSite Member

Time will tell. I had a fire on my old john deere homeowner belly mower, the muffler was at the bottom front of mower. I had to splice some wires to make things work.
  4. LR3 Guy

LR3 Guy LawnSite Member

This is the standard position on just about every lawn tractor .. You're more likely to win Lotto than burst into flames . Buy a Lotto ticket now !