New Super Z

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tider6972, Jun 29, 2004.

1. Tider6972

Tider6972 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

Met with a Hustler dealer at one of my properties this morning for a Super Z demo. I'm looking at 52 Zs for mulching. This mower just came in yesterday, but the mulching kits did not arrive, so we put the demo off 'til it's set up to mulch.

This Super Z has a couple of new features! The (suspension) seat is light grey, not black! The black seat has been a bother to me, so I am delighted to see the change.

Another new feature (to me) is the choke is now a separate control and not actuated by the throttle lever as earlier models...I like this way WAY better.

These changes made me wonder if this mower might also have the (rumored)new deck, but the salesman didn't know; didn't even know if Hustler is calling it a 2005, or if it's a 2004. Anyone know ?

So far I've demoed a 52/23 Lazer HP (have thought I'll prolly wind up with a Lazer,but), A Super Mini Z 52/25 (BacVac and I want to mulch) and a John Deere
    737, 52/23. All Kawi's. Really looking forward to demoing the SuperZ52/25 and the Lazer 52/27. The HP was a slight disappointment, the Deere a nice surprise!