New! Supersize Leaf Extender

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PeterA, Sep 23, 2003.

1. PeterA

PeterA Sponsor

Here is a picture of our jumbo 6.2 Cu. Ft catcher with a 4.8 Cu. Ft extender. It gives you 11 cubic feet of total capacity for leaf collection. I did'nt think people would want one this big but I kept getting asked, so here it is. Comments or questions?

Thanks
    Peter Andonian
    Accelerator Industries

xl-extender.jpg

2. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

:eek: :eek: :eek:
    Looks like a monster, doesn't it tip the deck a bit even with just leaves? Thats a whopper. Hope it sells well for you, if I didn't have my vacuum setup I'd be drooling over that one there. How much does each section weigh? How much does each section cost? For regular grass bagging I'd love to have an Accelerator, i don't bag but this one section that is necessary because it is a small area, grows alot and alot of sidewalk and parking space around that gets all messy if you discharge, and when damp (irrigated) it sticks bad, so i bag it only. Faster and easier to throw on a side bagger than put on my vac setup for the small occasional bagging job.
    keep up the good work! :)

3. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

i want one.im sure its cheaper than a UV system for my lazer Zs

4. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

THANK GOD :angel:
    John

5. PeterA

PeterA Sponsor

Franken, Mike, and John-
    Thanks for the nice words. I knew the first thing guys would ask about would be tipping the deck! If you are going to use this jumbo setup on a 36 and fill it with grass, you are definitely going to tilt the deck. If you are picking up dry leaves on a 60 inch Lazer, you should have no problem. I have had some guys from the company I used to own (Yardmaster, they are still in the same building with us with a new owner) using the smaller 4.15 bag with extender on a 36 floating deck Turf Tracer, (the one in the picture above). They have filled it with grass clippings (Not an approved use, just for testing) and the mower deck does not tilt unless the grass is lush and heavy.
    If you have a crew that is going to be stupid and load this thing with wet grass, don’t buy it! They will scalp your customer’s lawns and make a mess. After being in the lawn business for 20 years, I know how oblivious some people are.
    Price: MSRP 4.15 extender $219.00. 6.2 extender (pictured) $275.00.
    Weight: 4.15 catcher 17-18 lb., extender about 11 lb.
    Large 6.2 catcher: 23-24 Lb., extender about 14 lb.

Peter

6. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

well peter do me a favor.ship those over to giant oak power equipment in north branford CT........lol

7. cklands

cklands LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

how many guys does it take to load that thing into the truck when it's full?

8. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

I have a 52" Exmark. About how long does it take to fill it? Say, with dry conditions and fall leaves at 50 % (half on the tree, the other half on the ground!)

9. PeterA

PeterA Sponsor

Mike,
    I’ll call Giant Oak and see if we can drop ship an extender to their shop.
    Cklands,
    One guy at each end and heave ho- :D (right on top of the mowers) Seriously, The unit breaks apart in the middle. It’s better to lift each separately.
    HighGrass,
    To be honest, I am not sure. For comparison, I think the 3 bag Ultra Vac holds about 15 Cubic Feet (please correct me if I am wrong). Of course, the blower on the UV chops the leaves a bit so it may pack more tightly. You can mow over once before catching and get a similar effect. Maybe some of the guys here could post their experiences using the 6.2 catcher on a 52 in the conditions you describe. Adding the extender would get you almost twice as far before emptying.

10. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi Peter,

Looks like a great product!