new suspension seat pedestal

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by J-mike, Jul 6, 2003.

1. J-mike

J-mike LawnSite Member

I picked up my new suspension seat pedestal from my dealer and installed it on my LHP and it is great! I wish it would come standard on all the Lazers.

The only problem I found with it is the fact that a small person using the new seat, with the new seat safety switch installed, will keep experiencing engine cut-off problems.

My wife helps me at times and she is only 5'1" and 100lbs. I had to put the old safety switch back in and that fixed the problem. The old safety still shuts off the engine just like it did before I installed the new pedestal.

My dealer opened the box before I got it. Said that he just had to see what one looked like.

Love this new seat! Thanks! j-mike

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

J-mike,

Glad to hear you like the new seat! Thus far we've only gotten excellent reports on the comfort, installation etc.

I did talk to the engineer in charge of the new suspension seat regarding your issue with the seat switch.

We switched to a heavier spring based on the weight added with the addition of the suspension mechanism. The concern was one of safety.

You want to make sure that the seat switch still shuts the machine down when it is supposed to. Simply start the machine, disengage the park brake and stand up. The machine should shut off or at least hesitate before you get back into the seat. Put the park brake back on, engage the pto and stand up. The seat switch should shut the machine off or at least cause the engine to hesitate before you get back into the seat.

This inspection and others should be performed on every machine every day. In your case I would recommend that you make this a part of your routine. You want to make sure that the seat switch is doing it's job not only when an operator is in the seat but when the operator is not as well.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks

Terry

3. kppurn

kppurn LawnSite Senior Member

The new seat suspension is awesome! Money very well spent.

4. Esby

Esby LawnSite Senior Member

What does this new suspension seat run?? I bought the "old" style a couple years ago and am highly disappointed with its performance. So I am looking for something that actually works and I have heard good reviews about the new one. Thanks for your help.

5. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Esby,

The list price for the seat mechanism is $199. This is for the mechanism only. You will also need the original seat assembly that would have been on your machine when it was purchased.

Let me know if we can be of any further assistance.

Thanks

Terry