new swb

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by PaulJ, Sep 29, 2003.

1. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

I got it. My 48" Super walkbehind. I have had it aobut a week now and love it more every day. Mowing is fun again.

I want to let you know the you have a great dealer here. I got this mower through Craft Specialties in Hadar NE. I would recomend them to anyone in eastern nebraska. The dealers in the big cities didn't seem to interested in selling me the mower I wanted but these guuys not only ordered the mower for me to try but the Accelerator bagger and bull ridersulky. and put it all together. I took it in Sat to have them change the breakin oil and chek the machine over. and they didn't even charge me for the oil change! that's great service. If anyone in Nebraska wants to see the HUstler SWB in action let me know. Even you guys in Omaha. I know Pruitt doesn't want to sell Hustler walkbehinds so come out here to see one.

great mower
    great dealer

photo15006.jpg

2. J.Gordon

J.Gordon LawnSite Senior Member

ThatÂ’s a very nice machine you have there. I have a lot of people giving me a hard time about mine but you just have to operate one for a while to really appreciate the SWB. I have been think on making a leaf catcher and have about three or four different ideas on the style. How do you like the Accelerator?
    It looks sharp!
    Jeff

3. PaulJ

The accelerator works great. I might get the leaf extension for it down the road but it's already twice as big as my old catcher. and it weighs less empty. It packs well and goes a loooooong time before filling up.

4. PaulJ

Any ideas on how to keep the blade saddle and key from comming off the spindles when changing blades? They are kind of a pain to get lined back up and back on.

Other wise great machine. This is the only complaint I could have on this mower so far.

5. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

Take the saddle off, clean it and the shaft a bit, then take silicone caulk ( the real stuff) put it on the shaft and saddle, then reassembly. The saddle will stay on forever. If you need to take it off, you can pry it off.
    Pete

6. PaulJ

Pete, Thanks for the tip. I'll do that next time I change blades.