1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New T-shirts!

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by pattytastik, Dec 20, 2011.

1. pattytastik

pattytastik LawnSite Senior Member

Wow!! That is very impressive. So If I were to design a logo in Microsoft Word, after it is designed how would I make that into a shirt design? Would I just send the word doc containing the logo to a design company and they could get the logo onto shirts? Sorry about my lack of knowledge on this topic...

I really appreciate you putting the time into designing those!
  2. Mikegyver

Mikegyver LawnSite Bronze Member

MS Word is a word processing program NOT a graphics editor. How did you get that on word or did you use Publisher? I don't know what you did that on but it looks pretty good.
    I do have a question though...a few weeks ago weren't you Josh's Lawn Care??? Or is that someone else?
  3. pattytastik

I started as Joshs Lawn Care when I was 13 and last year I took on a business partner for medical reasons and we started Patkin and James Lawn Care. My avatar logo has been Joshs Lawn Care until today when I finally got around to changing it to our current logo. Nice observation skills haha.
    Posted via Mobile Device

DLONGLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member

any decent printing company has graphic artists on hand to help you out. Send them the logo i made. and say this is what you want it to look like and for a small fee (25-75 dollars) they will recreate in the PNG, or Vector Art file used in printing and graphic files. These are large, multi layer formats used to get the proper color out of your logo when applied to the marketing literature or clothing.

For the logo, I used a logo creator though MAC. Took me 3 minutes literally! I typed in your name, picked a font, color and clip art and walaaa!
  5. pattytastik

Awesome! This is great to know. I will look into this. Thank you very much for all of your help!!
    Posted via Mobile Device

no problem. Marketing is the easier part of this business. Which needs to be there to run a successful business. No marketing or branding and no one knows who you are..... what good does it do to even be working then? You'll never grow because no one knows who to call.

let me know if you have any more questions

NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

does he use all stock photos? I dont like how the pictures dont look like actual work, just like the cover of a magazine. His design work looks excellent though.
  9. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

While you're changing things... I would probably go to a generic name rather then using actual names. That way if one of you move away to college or something, the other can continue running the business without changing the name again.

It's easier to do that now before you have a lot of money invested in promotional stuff and legal stuff (DOT, etc).

I AGREE TO THE N'TH DEGREE! There is no way in hell i would call a company names "Patkin and James Lawn Care" over "PJ Lawn Care and Landscaping" ,"Priority Lawn care", "Ideal Cuts Lawn Care", "Precision Blade Scapes Lawn Care"

Choose something generic for your name that tells people what you do. My biggest regret is using my last name. People just know ME now and the name comes with it I guess.