New Takeuchi Track Loaders

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by finegrade, Oct 9, 2008.

1. finegrade

finegrade LawnSite Member

Guys,

I hoping that someone can post some pics of the new Takeuchi models, the TL230 etc.
    Any opinions would be appreciated as well
    Thanks,

Finegrade

2. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

I wish everyone could build them like Takeuchi does. They are tanks.

3. trailmaker

trailmaker LawnSite Member

Welcome to the forum finegrade. Use the search function at the top of the page and you will find some good information on the two series.

4. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

I have not heard of anyone here in the states that has actually tested one out.

5. BobZilla

BobZilla LawnSite Member

Was at the FarmFest show in Springfield, MO last weekend and got an up and close look at the new Takeuchi TL250. I was impressed with the machine....big is the best way to describe it.

Dealer was very informative and just couldn't help but tell me of how Cat, Deere, Case, Bobcat, etc., were all "junk" compared to the Tak machine. He went on to explain why too. Got to give the guy credit though....he had a good way to piss off potential customers. :nono:

6. AWJ Services

from Ga

Takeuchi invented the Tracked machine just like Bobcat invented the wheeled machine.

There track system has been in use for a long time and is well tested.
    They are the only machine that is designed as a CTL machine only.
    Put it side by side with any manufacturer and compare the size of pins, metal in loader arms, cab size, quality of construction , etc and you can see why the salesman was adamant about them being better.Alls he had too do was give you the keys and let you make your own decision.They sell there selves.
    There is no better excavation machine out there.
    There built like a tank.

If you want bells and whistles they are not for you.
    If you need too haul material all over a job site, run a high flow attachment, or just lift heavy objects well then they may not be the best choice.

Just my opinion.

7. Digdeep

Digdeep LawnSite Bronze Member

ASV would probably disagree.

8. AWJ Services

from Ga

ASV makes a point of grouping thereselves with Cat who claim they are a MTL.

9. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

You are 100% correct, If you want a good reliable machine that will work hard for you and make you money with little to no repairs except for maintenance you need a takeuchi.

I you want you ride in luxury and have all those useless do da's get something else.

Takeuchi spends the money on what matters, power and performance. I will admit the cab is bear and only had what it needs but it will out work any other brand machine of it's size moving dirt. Who needs the interior of a BMW in the cab of a skid steer? It's going to get filthy and nasty, with the takeuchi cab you just shut the air vents and spray it out with the hose, Good as new.

10. Digdeep

Digdeep LawnSite Bronze Member

ASV has always called their machines rubber track loaders or Compact Track Loaders (CTLs). They were around long before the CAT MTL. Here is their company history that dates the first rubber track construction machine to 1987.

http://www.asvi.com/asv_history.cfm