New Tanaka Blower to compete with Redmax 8000?

Discussion in 'Tanaka' started by CharlieBingo, Feb 25, 2005.

1. CharlieBingo

CharlieBingo LawnSite Senior Member

Any blowers in the works to compete with the 8000?

2. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive

I can neither confirm nor deny, but how does a TBL-9600 sound? What are you not getting from the Redmax unit that you would like to see in a similiar CC blower?

I'm putting that question out to everyone!

-MW

3. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Hmmm, well I'm not really in the market for anything at this time, but since you put the question out there........

About the only negative I've heard about the 8000 is the weight. So, I guess if someone came out with a blower that was comparable in power, but was a little lighter, that may sway some buyers.

4. lowmiler

lowmiler LawnSite Member

I bought the EBZ8000. And immediately sold it. It blows as hard as the EB7001, but it blows more air. But the difference in weight is substantial. I sold the 8000 and bought a new 7001.

5. jim dailey

jim dailey LawnSite Senior Member

What is the big deal with the weight issue. I own 2 redmax 8000's and use then on each job. Springtime for clean-ups and days on end for fall clean-ups. They are well worth their weight in the force of the airstream. I do not have a problem with their weight. I am 6'2" and 200 lbs. ALSO, I am 56 years old.

6. CharlieBingo

CharlieBingo LawnSite Senior Member

Any update Mark, I'm looking to buy some backpacks soon.

7. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive

Hi,
    Nothing to report until the fall. Remember, we do have the TBL-7600/R for $469.99 which is a 59cc, 815 CFM lighweight and comfortable backpack.

-MW

8. Mower Man

Mower Man LawnSite Member

Seems to be an interesting way to divert attention from what..."Can't be confirmed or denied" to what is available.

There is a point where super high performance means larger blower housings & larger engine displacement.
    No getting around it no matter what color or name is on the blower.
    Think of it like water comming out of a hose. Air is similar as it's classified as a fluid, but it's compressable.

So unless some company comes up with a way to compress air into a small back pack container, can do it with some new futuristic engine, do it quieter than a compressor....there's no way around power vs. size.

The size, and weight of the Red Max 8000, or anyone else claiming to be building 'super blowers' has reached about the limit most end users will accept, which marketwise has a much more limited sales volume, and ultimately....its about making $$$$$.
    Low volume doesn't do that.

9. touchlinc

touchlinc LawnSite Member

Mower Man, Who cares about making money? I just want to have the biggest, baddest boy out there that will do some blowing. Enjoy your big bad blower.

Touchlinc

10. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

Sounds good...as long as its made 100% by Tanaka.