New tank brown grass

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by HazellLawnCare, Apr 27, 2005.

1. HazellLawnCare

HazellLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Ok long story short, I have a guy that just got his license to do turf apps. He has helped me before and I hope to have him doing apps full time next season but until then we are both going to spray when we have free time from mowing. I have a 200 gallon Lesco skid sprayer and decided to buy the same setup for him to use. I helped him get it all wired up and loaded it onto the mowing truck and filled it with water. I helped him get it calibrated and showed him a few pointers then I told him to practice around the parking lot at the shop with it to get used to everything. Once he ran out all 100 gallons I told him to put the products I had set aside in the shop in the tank and fill it back up. Well he thought he had it down so he went ahead and put the chemicals in and started spraying. My question is the propylene glycol that they put in the tanks to protect them what is affecting the lawns? He says he had maybe 60 gallons of water left in it when he mixed it. The next 3 tanks of chemical look good, it is just the first apps that he did. Is the glycol acting like a roundup? What can I do please let me know what you think.

2. Enviro Green

Enviro Green LawnSite Senior Member

Mostly burn, not kill.

It should come back, but it will take most of the season.

Best of luck, talk to some of the univerisites, they ahve done studies on this type of thing.

EG

3. HazellLawnCare

HazellLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Is there anything I can do to these lawns? Will starter fert help? I could care less if I have to mow these every 3 days, I just want them green again.

4. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

God, I would hate to be in your shoes! That is my biggest fear....good luck with everything. ;)

5. Enviro Green

Sorry for the bad luck, the ones I have seen take most of the season to come back. I would use some organic fert and if you ahve the wherewithal, and depending on what you sprayed, I might aer and ovr for free.

Wish I could help more.

EG

6. Enviro Green

I mean, how many lawns and how many square feet?