1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

New Tank

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by sirsweatsalot, Jul 24, 2002.

1. sirsweatsalot

sirsweatsalot LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

i just bought a 500 gallon tank today. tell me if i got a good deal. its fiberglass no holes the only thing it needs is a new top cap. it only ran me $95 and a six pack of MGD. i thought it was a good deal.

2. Sounds stolen to me.

What are you going to use it for?

It's going to run you about $80 for fittings, cover, and agitation.

BTW at 500 gallon of fresh water weighs 8.33# a gallon X 500 = 4165 pounds plus tank, any chemicals and any other componets.

Need a big truck for that.

3. tremor

tremor LawnSite Bronze Member

I wouldn't refit any tank with a new fill-well cover for less than $95, so it sounds a little too cheap.

Is it mounted to a frame? Is this thing for bulk storage or a truck mounted sprayer?

Steve

4. sirsweatsalot

from MN

i just bought it off a cemetery where i used to work. we only used it there for watering sod. it was on a truck with a 5 horse pump. so i do know that it was not stolen. and my old boss wants to see me go some where so he just said " take it, so you quit bothering me about not useing it anymore!"
    i plan to use it to hold fert, no plans for plumbing the whole thing for a truck sprayer i have bigger and better plans i will show you guys later!

5. I bought a 16" one with 4" vented cap at Lesco for $45.

www.dultmeier.com for $11.50 + S&H (Includes 4" vented cap)

What size fill well? They have from 5" to 22".

6. tremor

tremor LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey LGF,

If you're going to quote me, don't clip me.

I said "REFIT". Meaning INSTALLED, so you don't have to. With labor, tax, & freight paid.

I suppose the mail order house will install it & be there if the thing leaks? Try calling them if the truck is in the field leaking. I'll show up with a spill kit. They'll UPS a new one to you. Maybe even eat the freight if you wait for 3 day Ground delivery.

Steve

7. sirsweatsalot

from MN

oh thanks for the prices on the parts guys but my dad has a pretty good sized farm so i think i can just take some of his extra stuff laying around out there.

8. Ok install a new fillwell and cover, incuding labor yes.

9. sirsweatsalot

from MN

well the tank has already paid for itself. i have been doing watering for a tree spade outfit. i was wondering if any of you do any comericial watering?