1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

New Terex Pt-30 pricing

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by TMlawncare, Mar 12, 2011.

1. TMlawncare

TMlawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

We are looking to buy a new Terex Pt-30. Looking through to options list, there is not really that many options for the machine. The biggest being a cab enclosure. The rest of the options are little things like suspension seat, back up alarm, wider seat belts and such. What price should I expect to pay for a new unit with and without the cab?

2. J. Peterson Grading

J. Peterson Grading LawnSite Senior Member
    from IA

Expect to pay in the $30000 + range.

If you get a cab on one, make sure to get the cab liner. It makes the cab so much tighter and quieter.

J.

3. TMlawncare

Would you consider a new 2011 with cab, heater, insulation/liner for $31000 plus tax to be a good price. I have only had one person to get back to me. Two other dealers I called I had to leave a message on the machine. No call back yet.

4. J. Peterson Grading

J. Peterson Grading LawnSite Senior Member
    from IA

That would be a good deal.

I have seen the old style PT30s with cab and heat, no liner sell for 24 to 25000 with 400 hours before. So for 31, I would think that would work.

J.

5. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

I see them for 10-15 used Id have to go that route

6. TMlawncare

Its funny when you call to talk to someone if you are not wanting to buy a crane or the like, they have to look it up in the book or call the mfg. Called about six dealers and only one had one and knew anything about it. Amazing.

7. hvy 1ton

hvy 1ton LawnSite Senior Member

Terex dealers haven't been handling the ASV line very long.

8. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

30 large? I love the little things but just don't see it?

9. swanny

swanny LawnSite Senior Member

That's what I say as well.

10. Digdeep

Digdeep LawnSite Bronze Member

ASV has made a ton of changes to them in the last year or so...increased ROC, 20" more of lift height, more bucket roll back, better breakout, all loader pins are now bushed, improved quick attach, bigger wheel bearings, bigger drive motor shafts and some others I can't remember. I still thing $30k is a bit rich though. You ought to be able to get one for the high 20s.