1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

::::NEW THREAD:::: My experience with a PRO-C module details at 10pm

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by FIMCO-MEISTER, Jul 23, 2008.

1. I experienced a PRO-C today and have grown because of it. Let me tell you what I learned.

Did you know that PRO Sees have modules?

Did you know that they started gray?

Did you know that later they became black?

Did you know that HUNTER yanked all the gray ones and sent confusing messages out to supply houses?

Did you know that Hunter wants you to yank all gray module timers and replace them with black module timers?

Isn't the Pro I see Hunter's high end resi timer?

I wasted two friggin hours today on a stupid gray module that everybody (except A-1) told me could not be replaced by a black module according to Hunter.

This timer is so getting replaced by a SMARTLINE the first chance it gives me. Why do the minutes jump by a big number in the beginning forcing you to back them down when programming it?
  2. BSME

BSME LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

noob... everyone new all that
  3. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

at least he can spell:)
  4. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Ess Arr Cee
  5. BSME

BSME LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

6. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Yea, that bugs the chit out of me as well. I got some gray modules if you need them.
  7. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

Yeah, I thought it was weird the first time I ran into it, but I thought it had something to do with the seasonal adjust being used... anyway, I'm used to it now.

BTW, ALL the gray modules are supposed to be replaced? Going back to when I first started installing these? Is there a service bulletin?

No mention of it here.

8. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

I was no aware of it....

thanks for the heads up..
  9. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Its actualy a realy nice controller once you get used to it. They grey / black pissed me off at first. When they first changed I took a handfull of greays and warrntied the in date ones . Threw the rest in the trash at the supply house and told them to tell Hunter to kiss my as.. . Then I cam to my senses, walked back in took them out of the trash can and saved em for add ons on systems with grey.
  10. You will see a big jump in the station run times only if the seasonal adjust has been used or adjusted.....