1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New tires for a 2500HD

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by CLS_Birmingham, Nov 30, 2012.

1. CLS_Birmingham

CLS_Birmingham LawnSite Member

So its about to be that time for a new set of tires for my 03 2500HD. I'm wanting something more aggressive and beefer than stock. The truck serves as my daily driver/work truck. I do tow a 16' enclosed on a daily basis.

Any suggestions on what to get that will actually last??
  2. chris7826

chris7826 LawnSite Member

Goodrich. Made in Indiana, damn good tires for that size.
  3. cutbetterthanyou

cutbetterthanyou LawnSite Bronze Member

Nitto Terra Grappers are what I have. There a all terrian. I got them because i heard such good things about them lasting. There muds are really agersive and i've heard good thing about them lasting too, for a mud tire.
  4. CLS_Birmingham

CLS_Birmingham LawnSite Member

My business partner actually has Terra Grappers on his 09 2500HD. They've been pretty good to us, even under tow. I'm just curious how they're life span compares to BF's on a tow vehicle.
  5. rbljack

rbljack LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Im a big fan of the BF goodrich all terrians. Ive had them on three different trucks, and they provide long wear if you maintain tire pressures accordingly.

Its not a mud tire by any means....but they provide quality highway ride, and decent off road performance too.
  6. Moose's Mowing

Moose's Mowing LawnSite Senior Member

BFG's are junk, especially on heavy trucks. just waaaay too soft to hold up to towing and hauling. I've had several sets on several trucks. I used to swear by them till I realized I'd get 20,000 miles out of a set. I just put on a set of Hankooks load range E on the Heavy Chevy. They ride nice, are quiet, handle the weight of my mowing trailer, my camper and plow just fine. I'd get another set in a heartbeat. paid a little under 190 each installed.
  7. Firestone Transforce. It's a commercial rated tire load range E.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  8. PLS-Tx

PLS-Tx LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

How many miles do you have on them and are they on a 2500?
  9. cutbetterthanyou

cutbetterthanyou LawnSite Bronze Member

I've always heard great things about BFG's too ,but recently i have heard that they didn't last. I asked my tire guy,he said they changed the tire compound.Thats why i went with nittos. He had a set with about a 1/8 inch left on them sitting in the floor that he said were off a f250 deisel that didn't tow, they had 90k on them.

We run bf all terrian ta.
    We like them.
    Posted via Mobile Device