New Tires How Much?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by silage feeder, Dec 3, 2006.

1. silage feeder

silage feeder LawnSite Member

Got the tires on my case 85xt down on the canvas, currently shod with galaxy king kongs, which have done two years from the machine being new.
    Have been very happy with how they've lasted,not so pleased with the dealers £315 a tire quote to replace.
    How much do you chaps expect to pay for this tire?
    and have any of you tryed the newish MICHELIN radial skidsteer tire, how do you rate it?
    Any recommendations for tires for this type of skid all work is agricultural on hard ground.

silage feeder UK.

2. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

Those tires that your machine came with are expensive. However because the tire is so heavy duty they can be retreaded. You may look into that. How are you liking the 85XT?

3. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

4. nac

nac LawnSite Member

I have the Michelin tire you lose a bit of traction in heavy mud but they are built very heavy duty will out last a normil skid steer tire about 3-1.

5. gammon landscaping

gammon landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

i don' know what i have on my skid now but they where 10ply radeals and i think they were 85? but i had to order a 1000 dollars worth of tires to get free shipping. good tires though

6. 2004F550

2004F550 LawnSite Senior Member

we have the michelin radials on the Mustang and they have been on for about 1700 hrs, compared to the R4 tread that lasted 500 hrs

7. silage feeder

silage feeder LawnSite Member

Thanks for all your replys i've looked into the retreading as you suggested but it comes in at nigh on the price of new tires.
    Have been quoted £230 for the michelins ,also been priced £150 for a quarry type tire that is also radial not sure of maker got to go and check them out.
    As for liking the 85xt i'm very very pleased with its performance and build quality,and i would definately go CASE again going on my experieces so far.
    How does that new 465 measure up against your old 95xt?
    Has new holland got any inflence on them?

p.s how heavy is that mustang your running 2004f550 to get 1700hrsout of those tires?
    Ithought i was doing well with 1400hrs on my king kongs.

silagefeeder

8. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

The 465 was a step up but over all not a big step. The control system is better, torque is up, fuel usage is about the same. The cab is improved, but not significantly. I traded because of the offer was outstanding, 3000 hour warranty and 1.5% percent interest. I do like the productivity of these 3000 plus ROC machines. They will move a lot of material.