New tires

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnforce1, Apr 28, 2000.

1. lawnforce1

lawnforce1 LawnSite Member

I've been sliding all over the place lately and it's kind of making me think it might be time for new tires. How do ya'll gauge when it's time for some new rubber?

2. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

An exmark dealer told me once between a 1/4&quot; and 1/2&quot; of tread left is a good time to change the tires. Someone told me he said that because he wanted to sell me tires, but he knew I had someone else I got my tires from, plus I think he would have told me to change them a little sooner if he thought he was getting my sale. Make sure you don't do a lot of (unnecessary) turning on asphalt or concrete because thats what eats them up. Hope that helped!<p>----------<br>&quot;guido&quot;<br>David M. Famiglietti

3. Bobby

Bobby LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Lawnforse, sounds like it's time. Dose anybody know what tire has less impact,an underinflated tire or one with the recomended psi? <p>----------<br>Bobby <br>Ft Lauderdale

4. little green guy

little green guy LawnSite Senior Member

I know a guy in town who's mower tires are down to slicks, they look like race car tires. <p>Also never under inflat you tires thats not good. go with the recomrned psi.