new tires

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by AbsoluteH&L, Oct 29, 2007.

1. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L LawnSite Member

I need new tires for my Sentar. I never liked the lack of traction I had, and would like to upgrade to something better. Does anyone have any preferences. I have checked some treads, but it was hard to find many treads directly related. Besides I have seen Carlisle spelled ten different ways on here.:laugh:

2. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

I run Carlisle Chevron's on my Z (in avatar), Ran at 8 lbs. gives a smoother ride and doesn't tear turf when I spin around.

[​IMG]

Oh BTW, I had to read your "THREAD" twice to make sure you weren't talking about tire "TREADS"....:laugh:

3. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L LawnSite Member

Sorry, guess I made fun of my self with the spelling thing. It's just had to find any good threads on treads.:laugh: I saw someone post interest on the Carlisle All Trail. And it looks like a good tire, but it is hard to search for because the search will delete "all" and leave me with hundreds of off topic "trail" rides.I like the looks of your Chevron, it likes like a nice tire. I have issues with low pressure though. It is very hilly here, and I can't side hill here with out downside scalping (especially on the chute side).
    Any more input on the topic!!!???

4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I find, for myself, the Turf Masters are way grippier than the Turf Savers, thou these may be Wb tires...?
    They also tear up the lawn easier, but in ways of compromise I much prefer having traction first.
    Besides, when a grippy tire is half-worn it's still as good as a turf saver :laugh:

The ones on my Z are very grippy, says Maxis ProTech (or is it Protech Maxis?) anyhow they hold 35 psi, I like them firm myself.
    80 dalla each, 20 laba, you know me, $100 tires.