1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New to Bermuda grass.

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by gulfjoe, Dec 4, 2011.

1. gulfjoe

gulfjoe LawnSite Bronze Member

I got about 1/3 of the yard pulled up today. it is spaced out very spraticticaly. if I Just hit the little spots with minimal round up what would the adverse affects be. My fingers and hands are very sore from all the pulling today.
  2. gulfjoe

gulfjoe LawnSite Bronze Member

Here are the results of my soil test. What is a good plan of attack with these results?

Attached Files:

3. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Your micros are fine. iron always helps with Bermuda greening. That Ph has me concerned. Was your sample from the soil your sod came with, the underlying soil or a combination. Your going to need a significant amount of lime but i would do it over several apps 30 days apart. Spot spray the Poa with RU. I am doing my first N app on my lawn on Mar 1st. We are averaging 70 degree temps still and mine never went completely dormant. Once it takes off it is pretty good at self regulating the weeds. Cut frequently 2-3 times a week at no more than 1". It will come in thick and the weeds don't like the constant mowing.:usflag: