New to business

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by pro-mow, Aug 2, 2007.

1. pro-mow

pro-mow LawnSite Member
    from n.c.

:dizzy: Just started lawn service business here in n.c. having tuff time getting cust, any suggestions.

2. Lohse's Lawn Service

Lohse's Lawn Service LawnSite Member
    from US

You could start off with homemade flyers, then work your way up to business cards, signs, etc. The cheapest route will be flyers though, most likely. I'd go door to door and try to find customers. Never know who you will pick up mid-season. Hope this helps.

3. pro-mow

pro-mow LawnSite Member
    from n.c.

:confused: I have been passing out flyer's and handing out business cards, i have a 60in kubota pro zt stile weed eater and blower 6x16 trailer. The yards i've done have done a real nice job,Cust seem really happy,It's just going slow

4. JRG Landscape

JRG Landscape LawnSite Member

Nothing is ever built over night. Keep passing out the fliers and cards. Work will come. I was out today for a little while doing that same thing. It does take time but keep doing quality work and advertise with whatever means you can.

5. Lohse's Lawn Service

Lohse's Lawn Service LawnSite Member
    from US

May just have to give it time. Did you just start up your business recently or earlier in the Spring? Keep doing a good job, don't get discouraged, and word-of-mouth will help you gain more customers in time. What's the weather situation? Dry or wet? That may be a reason as well. Good luck and keep your head up.

6. pro-mow

pro-mow LawnSite Member
    from n.c.

Just started in july,It's been a little dry last couple of weeks,Thanks for the advise,anyone else in the charlotte lake norman area in n.c.?

7. BQLC

BQLC LawnSite Senior Member

Not the best time of the year to get started. Keep trying you may pick up a few as the lowballers drop out

8. pro-mow

pro-mow LawnSite Member
    from n.c.

:drinkup: Well the good thing is all my equipment is payed for so i am not having to make payments have been picking up some cust,by word of mouth and i am bidding on a 20,000 and a 12,000 dollors contract

9. rudeboy

rudeboy LawnSite Member

yeah it takes time to get customers just got have patience