new to commercial mowing. need new mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Pro-Scapes, Apr 14, 2005.

1. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

Hey I'm new to this site and new to commercial lawn care. I have been mowing for realatives and our church for few years but I am getting more and more requests so I'm going to get into it part time for now. After reading this site some I see no mention of husqvarna equipment.

I work full time for a farm and ranch store and can get a new husq iz4817 for 5000 or a demo LZ6225 for 5000 with 328 hrs on it.

I looked at the hustler fasttrak z and can get the 52" 20 hp honda for 4899. The only thing I didn't likeabout the hustler was the comfort due to being a bigger guy I didn't have enough room to pull levers back all the way. I haven't had a chance to look around for more yet. I already got a full set of husq 2 strokes so I'm going to use thoes til I have probs.

I have been doing a lot of heavy clean up with my 48hp john deere and 6 ft bushhog but I really need a good mower. My customers are not worried bout stripes and all but I think leaf clean up ability would be mandatory. Here in southern ms we get nearly a 12 month season and 3 of my accts are year round. over half my accts are 2 acres or better. My wife sometimes helps me and she wasn't crazy bout the 61". She just felt it was too big but I'm not going to let that keep me from getting a better machine. Sorry to be so long was just trying to be through on my 1st post.
    Billy

2. kintaro

kintaro LawnSite Member

hey go with exmark there the best. 72in. liquidcooled 27hp.

3. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

Well I would think if the 61 was a bit big the 72 would be tooooooo big.. If I need anything that big I will put a woods finish mower on my deere tractor. And I'm not looking to spend 12 grand yet. I need to grow 1st