New to fertilization this year. Wondering about a few things.

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by kandklandscape, Jan 12, 2007.

1. kandklandscape

kandklandscape LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA

Hello our company decided we would start doing fertilization. We need to know where to buy chemicals and such.

Also what kind of sprayer to use? We want a tank to put on the back of either a 8 foot truck, or a 5x8 trailer.

Please advise of some equipment manufacture's, since we are new to fert. app we want to purchase used equipment because we do not want to invest to much into it, because we will be new in doing the work.

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

i will have some tanks sprayers up for sale in a few weeks
  3. kandklandscape

kandklandscape LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA

4. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

Here's a suggestion that you may not like, but I promise, it's a good one.
    Either hire someone who knows what they are doing, or you, or one of your partners go work for a fert/spray company for a yr. and learn the ropes. If you're just going to try and start applying, you will make some very costly mistakes.
    Also, make sure that you are properly licensed.
  5. lawntennis

lawntennis LawnSite Senior Member

Ranger, who was also at the real green seminar in Pitt, has some nice sprayers for sale. Thjey are listed in the parts marketplace. They are the gregson clark injection system. I seriously considered getting one of them but already have a few spray units.
  6. westwind

westwind LawnSite Senior Member

This is solid advice!!