New to Hustler - Warranty Questions

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by trader39, Mar 28, 2006.

1. trader39

trader39 LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

I picked up my Hustler mini fastrak last week. This is a 2004 16/42, but new. As I was told it was a 04 leftover with litterly a few hours on it. It was never used to cut grass - and appears perfect.. Purchased from a Hustler Dealer in London, OH. I questioned the sales rep about a warranty on this and he stated that I should get a full warranty as it's never been issued and told me the girls in reception would take care of initiating that..
    I was given the manual, a receipt and headed 150 miles back home with it. Get home and start reading the manual and noticed it says the dealer and I both need to sign the warranty etc.... The questions I have:

-This being an 2004 model, What Kinda warranty do I really get and has it been placed in-force or do I need to do something further. I did not sign a warranty slip of any sort..? I didn't know if I get the warranty that was offered in 2004 or the current warranty offer on this model..

-Can you tell me if this was painted with the Powder Coat paint

-How do I get a parts manual for this new toy?

I'm sure I had another question or two, can't think of it now, the mower information is as follows:
    2004 16/42 Honda Ser# 04071417 Purchased from JD Equipment, London OH, (614)879-6620 on March 23rd, 2006 Inv#048133.

Thank You for any assistance with these questions.

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Congrats on the new mower and welcome to our happy family!!
    If the unit was new when you bought it and never registered, then the dealer will register it online with us, and you will have a 3 year warranty from the date of your purchase.
    Talk to them about signing the registration, they likely keep it on file at there dealership.
    Your unit is a powder coat unit, all Mini FasTrak's are.
    As far as a parts manual goes, you can buy one from the dealer, or I can e-mail you one for free if you have a high speed connection, let me know.

Pj

3. trader39

trader39 LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Thank you very much for your help. I'm very pleased to hear I get such a good warranty after already getting a good deal on it! YES, if you'd please email me a parts manual, I'd appreciate it.
    Thank You.

4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

I will e-mail it to you a in a few minutes.

Pj