New to landscape business estimate help

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by j9sheldon, Jun 13, 2002.

1. j9sheldon

j9sheldon LawnSite Member

Hello everyone,
    I am new to the landscape business and would appreciate some help with basically 'how much to charge for a job'. For instance, we have our first job coming up and have no idea how much to charge for the installation and labor and also if we should double the price of materials for profit. Again, I am just starting out and we didn't expect a job this quick, so I need financial advice. Thanks in advance to all who help.

2. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

I think I have an idea of what a lot of people are thinking.... It would be of great benefit to you to go into the search feature at the top of the site. There are a lot of helpful discussions in regard to estimating and bidding. Once you go through the search, it will be much easier for you to understand the process and ask questions people will be able to help you with. Best of luck.

3. j9sheldon

j9sheldon LawnSite Member

Sean,

thanks for the reply, I know I was pretty brief. I appreciate your insight and patience with my uneducation of the website helpful areas.

thanks again Sean

4. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

No problem. There are a lot of experienced, insightful people that frequent this site and offer up a lot of knowledge. Take advantage of it. Soon enough you too will be helping others as well.

Best of Luck.