New To LawnSite From SC

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by FryDaddy, Jan 2, 2010.

1. FryDaddy

FryDaddy LawnSite Member

Hello all. I just registered to lawnsite after looking it over for the past year. There's a lot of good info on here unlike other sites that just talk about the next guy (why I wouldn't register on those). Anyway, Im 32 and have a full time 40hr week job, but do some lawn cutting services during the warmer months (april - november) on weekends or afterwork if not a big lawn. Last yr I serviced about 7 accts bi-monthly. Im hoping to increase this number so that I can help add a little more equipment to the trailer. I know thats not a lot compared to most of you guys but it helped out. I mostly run Husqvarna equipment, [LZ6127 zero turn, 150BT backpack, 326LS trimmer, an echo edger & 6'4" x16 trailer]. Hopefully this year I will get the Husky hedge trimmer (instead of borrowing my friends echo once a month) & 180BT blower.

2. Father&Daughter Lawn care

Father&Daughter Lawn care LawnSite Senior Member

Welcome. You are correct there can be alot of good information on this site.

3. FryDaddy

FryDaddy LawnSite Member

Thanks. Theres some older threads that I may be reopening because I had a few questions. :hammerhead:

4. DitchDr

DitchDr LawnSite Senior Member

What part of SC are you in?

5. FryDaddy

FryDaddy LawnSite Member

Walterboro

6. JFGauvreau

JFGauvreau LawnSite Bronze Member

Welcome to the forum and good luck to you!

7. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

Welcome to Lawnsite! Any questions just ask!

8. DitchDr

DitchDr LawnSite Senior Member

So you trying to do the Walterboro,St Geroge, Cottageville area?

Where do you plan of getting most of your work from? I do a lot of tree work up that way.

9. FryDaddy

FryDaddy LawnSite Member

I just mainly do a few yards in Walterboro area on the weekends. I am a solo operator. I don't usually get home until around 6pm or so during the weekday from my regular job and by then when I get in I would have to get all equipment put on trailer to go do a small yard to finish by dark. It would be nice to have an employee or two, but Im funny about how people would operate my equipment, especially when you not there.

10. JimQ

JimQ LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey! Welcome to Lawnsite. I'm part of the Engineering group at Husqvarna Turf Care. We build the ZTR's and Walks. If you ever have any equipment questions, don't hesitate to PM me. Who's your dealer? Lynn Tanner at Walterboro rental?

Take care,

Q