New to liquids

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by grassmanak, Apr 13, 2007.

1. grassmanak

grassmanak LawnSite Senior Member

Im gonna start spraying liquids this year and try and compete in the commercial market. I know sounds dumb, everyone thinks liquid is far superior than granular apps/ I have a 200 gallon poly tank im going to build a system off of. A few questions though, what is a general coverage area on 200gallons. What size pump should i buy. Planning on 300ft of hose on an electric reel setup;

2. J Hisch

J Hisch LawnSite Senior Member

coverage are depend on how much you plan to spray per 1000k

3. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

I got around 2.5 acres with 200 gallon @ 2 gal per K. I agree the liquid weed control is Superior but I prefer granular fert. thats one of the reasons I went to a PG.

4. ThreeWide

ThreeWide LawnSite Bronze Member

Most preemergent and postemergent applications could be sprayed at 2 gallons per M. If you are spraying Urea and Potassium, you can spray at 2 gallons per M in cooler weather, but in warmer conditions it could burn at that rate. 3 to 4 gallons per M is safer in that case. Certain liquid fert products, such as Liquigreen can be sprayed at 2 gallons per M anytime without burning.

5. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

turfunlimited, i was planning on sharing my resualts with liquid UFLEXX with you, but as cold and wet as the springs been, i don't think the turf will ever get out of it's dormancy stage! sorry

6. ThreeWide

ThreeWide LawnSite Bronze Member

I have sprayed a few during the past month. Have not had the opportunity to check the results yet.

We probably should not talk about this in a open forum :)

This product is so new that we can probably keep it a secret for a while.

7. teeca

well i got the high road talk from lesco, they are like the know it alls.. they gave me 6 pages of bad on uflexx, guess they cant get it at a good price and mark it up 300% lol

8. J Hisch

J Hisch LawnSite Senior Member

I agree Uflexx has been great tool for us, but we have to go to IL to get it at a decent price. I understand the drawback but for 2 applications a season the drawbacks dont outweigh the pluses.

9. sprayboy

sprayboy LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

teeca,

If they gave you the bad on uflexx, what are they pushing?

10. teeca

green flo?? or something like that... i can get 30-0-0 NBN for $4.25gal and get the same resualts, but the uflex lowers the cost per k in half. and yes i add other nutriants to the mix.