new (to me) hooklift truck

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by ranger350, Jan 15, 2010.

1. ranger350

ranger350 LawnSite Member

Just got it, 2005 F650 with Multilift XR7

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Dodge2

Dodge2 LawnSite Member
    from ottawa

I seen that truck on autotrader.ca, looks great!!
    P.S how much can you put in the bins?

3. ranger350

That paticular bin is around 11 yards. I'm going to make some new ones of similar size, some smaller ones and a landscape dump bed.

4. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale LawnSite Senior Member

I saw that on in the Trader too. Nice looking truck. Congrats.

5. ranger350

Other then the seats, the truck is very clean. The frame has no rust on it anywhere (still original). Have to fix the door on the aluminum fender thing, the latch isnt right and the whole door latching system is ******** so i'll redo that and fix a few of the cracked welds around it from the vibration.

6. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

Nice clean truck it doesn't look like it got used much. I would probably take those box fenders off and make separate tool boxes something that doesn't hang so low. Also when the frame twists you will get cracks because there isn't enough flexability.

Truck looks good you will be putting the hoist on a heavier truck soon enough :laugh:

7. Dodge2

Dodge2 LawnSite Member
    from ottawa

How much weight can the lift/truck hold? I love the idea of a hook system on a truck that size.

8. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

looks pretty sweet

9. ranger350

hook is supposed to load 15,000-16,000 lbs the truck has a 24,000 GVWR so with a bin probably 5-6 tons, i have to get a actual weight with the hooklift alone with no load

10. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

Your limiting factor for the load carrying is the low pro 22.5 tires but I would say 5 ton is your maximum weight your going to carry.

I would even start looking at building aluminum boxes or something that is lighter. You can get the hooklift frame rails and you build your body on it. The box could be steel framed and you can use aluminum for the sides bottom etc.