new(to me) mower

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Sydenstricker Landscaping, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Well, here it is:
    2000 Scag Tiger Cub
    52" deck
    Scag collection system
    It has a brand new Kawasaki 23 hp engine, new tires, belts, and hydro pumps. It has 1000 hours on the machine, but only 20 hours on the new pieces. I paid 4 grand for it, which, imo, wasnt a bad deal at all

bar mower 005.jpg

bar mower 006.jpg

bar mower 007.jpg

bar mower 009.jpg

2. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy LawnSite Bronze Member

Very nice, hope you lke it

can you take some more pics when it is not raining

3. ncls

ncls LawnSite Senior Member

Bite your tongue. We need rain here, so bad. Good find.

Did that come from Best Truck? Are you sure the hour meter is original? Who loses a motor at 1000 hours.???? The front of the deck looks really beat up. But, even at 4 grand, looks like you got a good deal. You will mow much faster now.

You mowed with a walk behind before, right? Be careful on your turns. You will find with the rider, it is easier to turf the lawn on the turns.

:) :)

4. Sydenstricker Landscaping

No it did not, it came from a private owner. He bought it new and used it mainly in the fall for leaves. Yeah, it could use a little paint, but that will be a nice project for the winter. The motor pooped at 1000 hours due to one of the valves went haywire and went thru the head. But, it has the new engine, so I am not complaining.

Yes I do mow with a belt drive walkbehind. I know be careful, I have used a ztr before plenty of times. I got it down to a science on not turfing the lawns.

5. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer LawnSite Silver Member

Nice mower! I bet your trailer looks nice with the Z and the WB on it!

6. JBlawncare

JBlawncare LawnSite Member

Nice mower... now you can fill up that new trailer. Lets see some pics of everything on the trailer... good luck with it. By the way how much rain did u get up by the lake?

7. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

1,000 for a mower used by a homeowner mostly in the fall? It figures out to 143 hours a year on average.

Nice find. It should last you quite a while with new engine.

8. FearThisDeere

FearThisDeere LawnSite Bronze Member

You'll love it! I run a 72" 27 HP gas Scag and a 72" diesel all day long and they are the bets machines in the world IMO. By the end of the month we'll have three of them in the shop.

9. Sydenstricker Landscaping

It looks awesome!!!! It is like a dream come true. Now that walk behind dont look so lonely back there

We got maybe 3/4 of an inch. Kinda calmed the dust a little. I will get pics of it all loaded up tomorrow, if it isnt raining

It sure is a good find. The wife found it while she got lost driving around, lol. She saw it in the guy's front lawn with a for sale sign and stopped. She gave him a business card of mine. He called and I looked at it, ran it, handed him cash and brought it home. Plus it has all of the manuals and the papers for the warranty with the engine.

I used it today and it was awesome!!!! I put a set of new high lifts on there and it cuts great and the collection system works perfect!!! I dont think I will get anyting else now but Scag. They are worth every penny, IMO.

10. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

You can't go wrong. Sounds like your wife is a good partner too. Mine usually frowns on such finds.